Wednesday, January 18, 2017

One Was Lost: A Review

Goodreads Description:

Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Are they labels or a warning? The answer could cost Sera everything.

Murder, justice, and revenge were so not a part of the plan when Sera set out on her senior camping trip. After all, hiking through the woods is supposed to be safe and uneventful.

Then one morning the group wakes up groggy, confused, and with words scrawled on their wrists: Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Their supplies? Destroyed. Half their group? Gone. Their chaperone? Unconscious. Worst of all, they find four dolls acting out a murder—dolls dressed just like them.

Suddenly it's clear; they're being hunted. And with the only positive word on her wrist, Sera falls under suspicion…



My Review:


I am always down for a good scary book--a good thriller that will keep me on my toes.

And this book did NOT disappoint. I was flying back to college and I started it on the plane and finished it when I got home. I couldn't put it down. I didn't want to put it down.

I thought I knew who the bad guy was, I really did. But dang, I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. My mind was tripping over all the clues she was giving and I couldn't place what was actually happening. Certain characters were suspicious, and then not, and then they were again.

*shakes head*

This is one of the best thriller books I have read in a very, very long time.

The words on their arms were freaky, the finger and skinned animals made me want to cry.

The voodoo dolls made me want to curl under my covers and hide.

Man, oh, man. This book was incredible.

5 out of 5! 


No comments:

Post a Comment