Wednesday, March 22, 2017

More than the Tattooed Mormon: A Review

Goodreads Description:

Al Fox Carraway has spent the last four years inspiring the world with her story of conversion, redemption, and finding faith. As a blogger, social media personality, and award-winning public speaker, her message has reached millions. This moving biography and up-close account of her life and membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes called the "LDS" or "Mormon" church) will show you what it means to truly trust in the Lord.

"Don't go, Al. You won't fit in."

Being baptized and following the Lord has made Al's life harder than it ever was before. She endured criticism from friends and family for becoming a Mormon. She faced harsh judgments from Church members for her appearance. She gave up everything and felt more alone than she ever had in her life. All because she chose God.

Now she shares an up-close look at how trusting God has led her to places she never expected. As a blogger, YouTuber, and award-winning public speaker, her message has reached millions. Sharing her love of the Savior, Al goes beyond her own conversion and encourages readers to choose God above anything else. This uplifting book inspires readers to build a true relationship with the Lord that will bring them real, lasting happiness.


My Review:

I love what Al Carraway has to say in this book. She is such an amazing example of someone who will do the right thing despite her family disowning her.

Carraway has faced intense challenges in her life. She has been judged hard core by people around her because she simply doesn't fit the stereotype.

Her example of being kind to those who are awful to her makes me want to improve myself. Al's heart is so huge. She loves easily, and cares so deeply.

I was actually really surprised to learn that she hates being called, "The Tattooed Mormon." I didn't follow her YouTube videos or blog like a lot of people did, but that's what I've always known her as. What she said, was that it define her for her past, not who she was today. She said it was like calling someone who was sober "The Used-To-Be Alcoholic." I loved this statement. Man, she's awesome. May we never define people by their past, but rather the person you know they really are.

I don't know what else to say other than Al has inspired me to be a better person and to love better. She's incredible and I want to be like her when I grow up.

5 out of 5!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard this is fabulous so I'm so excited you loved it. I really need to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete